...

2001 Harley-Davidson Road King





Monday, February 8, 2010

A whale washed up on the beach in Port Aransas today. (click on pic to enlarge it)

These photos were just taken by my friend Marjie Koenig. (thanks Marjie!)
A whale washed up on the beach near mile marker 30 today in Port Aransas, Texas, on the Gulf of Mexico. I missed it because I've been working on the computer instead of taking a walk like I was going to earlier. Darn! But, William saw it as he was riding his bicycle on the beach...BUT he didn't have the camera with him. I've been told that it was 30 to 40 feet in length. That's a big whale. I'll update when I find out more. Later folks...



Tony Amos, director of the Animal Rehabilitation Keep in Port Aransas, inspects the dead whale on Monday before city officials pulled it from the surf.





(This photo by George Gongora)
Port Aransas Mayor Claude Brown uses his custom made “Walking Tall” beach buggy to pull a whale found on the beach Monday morning. Brown said his six-wheeler can pull as much as 80,000 pounds. Hundreds of people stopped to watch as the whale was examined and then buried.

1 comment:

  1. That is wild. Let us know if you find out what killed the big fella.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails