...

2001 Harley-Davidson Road King





Sunday, April 22, 2012

Prayers have been answered. Dad is in his own bed.

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts everyone.  Dad is resting at home with Lorraine (my wonderful stepmother) willingly and lovingly at his beck and call (and battling her own cancer, but in much better condition than Dad...they met a few years ago in a cancer treatment waiting room, he is 81, she's79...and he loves that she sincerely laughs at his corny jokes...believe me, they're not that easy to laugh at after the 150th time you hear them...hahaha!...on the other hand, they're so corny, you just can't help but laugh,...and the doctors and nurses love him!).  We (all of us "kids") call her Dad's "Angel".
He is very weak and on more morphine and other things, but in fairly good spirits and of course happy to be in his own bed.  We were all quite surprised, since we weren't supposed to hear any decisions until sometime Monday....but, if  we stop and think about it...maybe it's not such a surprise, but rather a kind gesture on the part of his doctors?....time will tell.

Still hoping for more time (along with my three siblings),
Mary Ann

P.S. - There are a couple of pics of Dad and Lorraine on my FB page...I don't have the patience to transfer them here right now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad for all of you that your dad is able to be back in his own bed. It's important for him, most of all. You and your family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I came over from Michael Ultra's blog. This story is all to familair to me but I can already tell from your first post the love you have for your dad. Our motto while taking care for my dad was "It is a honor and a privilege"...I blogged about my dad's cancer last year and the outpouring of love from my blogger friends was amazing...and sometimes the only thing that got me through the day. Wishing you peace and strength....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails