...

2001 Harley-Davidson Road King





Friday, October 30, 2009

New generator (just one of a few updates and pics to come over the next few days)


Recently purchased an ETQ TG72K12 8,250 Watt 13 HP (says 14HP on gen) 420cc 4-Cycle OHV Gas Powered Portable Generator with Electric Start (Non-CARB Compliant) through Amazon.com for $773.00. Thought it would come in handy when we boondock. So far, it's really great for the price, was easy to assemble the wheels, started first time on the first pull and is fairly quiet considering it's power. We can stand right next to it while it's running and have a conversation without shouting or straining to hear. Amazon service was terrific, quick and there was a special of tax included and free shipping at the time. We researched generators for a long time, most in the thou$ands of dollars for this kind of power, read all the reviews and decided to go with this one. Awesome! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Where would you store this genset? In the garage compartment along with the rest of your toys? Or do you have a separate compartment built for it? I'm presuming if you store this in your garage, you will tie this down?

    Did I read that correctly just over 8,200 watts?! I have two 2,000watt Honda generators, they are portable carry kind and they are quiet and awesome, but they require a kit to make both of them work at the same time to generate 4,000watts. I paid 4879 each, they are normally $890 to $950 each so you got a GOOD price on an 8,200 watt if that is what I read???

    I just bought a new RV (provided everything goes as planned) it already has a 4,000watt genset on board, but having a portable one for some reason is a plus IMHO.

    I would consider selling both of my Hondas for $600 each and still come out with enough to buy one of these plus extra cash.

    BTW, I used to have my blog at blogspot as that is where I was going to keep it, its now at www.mynetdude.com I'll be linking to ya!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails